Thanks to everyone around me, I was able to apply for a scholarship to work on the National Coalition for Cancer Survivors (NCCS) Cancer Policy Advocacy Team (CPAT) Patient-Doctor Communication Working Group (PDCWG) since March on a presentation we gave at the Annual Symposium in DC before heading to the Hill to visit our Congressional leaders on June 27.
Because I had never experienced this group or event in the past, I’d decided to apply for the scholarship for 2017. Also because I have been limited to applying for one or two scholarships per year so that I can afford to attend. Scholarships cover the airfare, hotel, registration, and meals during the conference or symposia while the rest is left to me. This is a big reason why I have continued to live with my family while continuing to look for a job, clients or projects. I’ve been very fortunate to have support since I was deported from France back to Houston when my separation started almost ten years ago. Plus, I enjoy getting to experience different conferences and symposia through scholarships and then aim to leave the seat open for new advocates each subsequent year. What I didn’t know was that there is a small group of advocates like me doing the same thing. So, returning to the Hill for the first time in a few years felt like coming home and then being surrounded by advocates I’d met in the past was so lovely. It was like a global sisterhood that magically appeared following the #BCSM twitter chat on Monday night in the lobby of the hotel. I am grateful to be among these amazing women and men. And I will continue to do more with my voice especially since so many others have been silenced along the way. While I was camping throughout Colorado last year and getting visited by bears and coyotes in the middle of the night, many of my advocate friends were losing their ability to stand up to cancer.
I will continue to advocate on both sides of the aisle because Cancer Doesn’t Care how anyone votes! And I’m sending so much gratitude to all the donors and sponsors for the NCCS CPAT scholarships. I wouldn’t have been able to attend without you, Thank you.
Click here for my personal Back Story from Oncology Times, 2013
As with most people, everyone has ups and downs in life. The lesson is to remember that these experiences are just like the weather and if you stay focused and centered, the unpleasant experiences will soon pass. And as an intuitive person with numerous gifts and super powers, even I have bad days! For me, since I am sensitive to the energetic powers of the universe, I can tell you when these conscious shifts are happening because all I have to do is look at my life. During the last big shift here are five things that happened to me that when you count on one hand give you the whole hand and that’s when I know to stop everything I’m doing and get centered, take care of myself and focus within until the storm passes. For instance, here are five major experiences that seemed to go on in tandem over a span of two weeks while I cried, “Uncle” until I got the lesson and now I can teach them:
- Turning on the Recycling Service – One day, seemingly out of nowhere, I was having breakfast outside on the patio, like I normally do when I got a verbal kick in the pants from my dad. What I couldn’t understand is where all the rage came from that originated about the fact that I needed to take out the bin for recycling. The only problem was, we didn’t have that service anymore and I was in the process of having it turned on. This led me to my own internal journey of self-discovery before returning to fill out the form and turning on the recycling service. I’m sorry. Please Forgive Me. Thank you. I love you.
- Allowing Zoe to Cross the Rainbow Bridge – Within this time, I took Zoe and Giselle to local dog parks and both times was shamed for having Zoe with me when she was visibly a ghost of herself and outwardly looked like a sad zombie. This was another biggie for me. It took a nice older lady who shared her own story with me and of letting her dog go that finally sunk in. I finally saw her from a different perspective as having done her lovely job with me for more than fourteen years and she was just waiting for me to put on my big girl pants and call the vet to make a date. To this day, I’ve never been able to cry at the drop of a hat until now. Zoe was so tired and so ready to go that she gave me multiple signs that I was doing the right thing and when it happened, she was happyer. Plus, she has already come to see me on multiple occasions. She is everywhere now. And I think of her every single day thanking her for being my companion during my transition from married to single. I think that was the biggest reason why I couldn’t see a life without here. It was because I was afraid of being without her and alone. It did take some time to learn how to sleep in my room without her but I am adjusting and feeling stronger every day. Thank you Zoe! I’m sorry. Please Forgive Me. Thank you. I love you.
- Ending the Illusion of a Partner – And during this same period of time, while everything seems like it’s crashing down around me, I turned to a friend who has also been a partner over the past ten years. He always seems to be there for me but only when I really need it. He must be an angel because you’d never know he existed in between the calls and visits. But during this time, he shared other examples of how vindictive he could be with his clients and then how passive aggressive he was being with another woman when I could clearly see that he’d been filling a void for me that he couldn’t fill for himself, much less me. He had been part of my own fairy tale illusion and when I finally got enough courage to state the obvious, I could actually feel that he had been enjoying my energy when I needed to cut it off once and for all. And boy did I get so much energy back! I had no idea I had been carrying around that illusion while he was a willing participant for his own distorted needs. He was also a remnant from my past patterns that are now recycled and empowered solely for me! I’m sorry. Please Forgive Me. Thank you. I love you.
- Owning my Power – During those two weeks, I stayed with a girlfriend who had also been filling a need for me to get away over the years. Her house is darling, she has a really cool job and her life is totally fun. I love her. Yet, when I was there and concerned about staying out of her way while I was going through my own metamorphosis, I seemed to grow myself right out of her space. I was experimenting with my own Akashic clearing gifts starting with myself, which I always do before sharing with my friends and clients, and it was powerful. So powerful that I was able to get myself out of my own way, and boy am I stubborn so that the transformations could complete its process on me. Before I left to house sit for another friend and client, I offered the same deep transformative experience for her and once I was able to tap into her Akashic records I just started sharing all the messages that had been waiting for her to receive. Then, before I left and she was now out of town, we had both shifted so much energy that her guest room and the office was ready to transform itself when I moved a massive shelf away from some windows to the opposite wall. Let’s just say, everything continued to just fall into place! Even when she returned from her trip she kept sending images of her new space as she kept moving stuff around and it looked beautiful, open, spacious and brand new! We were both brand new. I’m sorry. Please Forgive Me. Thank you. I love you.
- Acknowledging My Feminine Ancestors – This has also been an underlying theme during the big shift that I experienced earlier this year. And here it is. Acknowledging all the women in my lineage, all the children that didn’t get to say their names or live a life, all the power they came to this world with and then never got to use! One of my friends and gurus helped me notice this within minutes of ushering Zoe across the rainbow bridge. And of course, since I adopted her when I was finally willing to accept the fact that I was not going to have a big family like I had imagined. And for fourteen years she was with me the entire way. Yet there were so many others that had voices that were never heard and I was able to tap into their energy, hear their cries and give them the love they needed by acknowledging them one by one. Another powerful ceremony just happened one day with a friend at the Springs that spurred so much recognition of the signs that were all around me. I was finally able to connect the dots and they all made perfect sense. Oh, yeah. Now I get it. Right on. I’m sorry. Please Forgive Me. Thank you. I love you.
Each experience revealed a different sort of process and I am here to share the tools needed to expedite the process. Working with so many friends, clients, family members, guests and even strangers allows our union to transmute the energy safely, quickly and with me as your guide. It’s been a blessing and I love how the path continues to unfold. When you are ready to focus on your own gifts and would love a guide and find yourself reading these posts or thinking about what it would be like, then let me know. Think of me as your Spiritual Advocate since I expertly guide you towards a more harmonious lifestyle with fun and laughter exposing you to a whole new world.
When I was at Burning Man last Fall for the first time, I ended up with some friends at Shamandome. They were all going to take a class on finding out about their spirit animal, to which I just laughed. I said, “I can tell you that!” But that’s not as much fun as this class. We partnered up and quickly within the first guided visualization, my partner could see my spirit animal which is a white crane. But my point in telling you this story is because the question I posed at the end, was, Where am I going to live? And even this week during a women’s group, this was my exact same question. And the answer is still the same. White Butterflies are all the little journies I get to go on since it’s just so fun. And this is also what I call being Full Service for my friends and clients because it includes your surroundings which are having an impact on your life even as you read this because everything is made of energy. Plus, it all makes sense when I’ve been teaching, coaching advocating and traveling and house/dog/cat/plant sitting since I graduated from college in the 90’s. And here is a peek into that world so that you can understand what I am talking about:
- While in Colorado in 2016 I was house sitting and camping for months on end and it was so much fun for me. One of my friends, who I’ve known for years became a client with her first session when I was focused on tapping and I soon discovered that my body is also a mirror for messages she was not receiving for herself. She attended a New Moon Sisterhood Circle and then offered her place to me while she was out of the country for six weeks. The only problem was, I was in Texas teaching at a retreat and she needed a ride to the airport. Excitedly, I drove back to Colorado, took her to the airport and when I got back to her home the real work began. While working with clients via Skype at her place, it just seemed lonely and when I would go to bed, I always felt the need to keep the bedroom door closed. Soon, I saged the entire house, set up my stuff as if I lived there and that’s when the visits began. First, there was tapping on the glass in the middle of the night and once I texted my friend, she confirmed that it also happened to her and she told me about her own experience with tapping in the middle of the night. But then, while in her living area, I also felt energetically pulled and pushed and that’s when my friend finally revealed to me that she had lived there with her ex-husband before they divorced. This took on a whole new level for energetically clearing and blessing her home. Soon, there was another session focused on the home that included more intentions to rid the house of energetic baggage and before it was done my friend texted me wondering what was happening at home because she was feeling much lighter and happier for the first time in years! This is what I call Full Service. It was because I cared about her, and we’d worked together and she trusted me with her place that over time I was able to not only uplift her and the feelings in her apartment but also my own business was able to support my visit to Burning Man and a move to Telluride. We both came out ahead in the end. And while I was there, she received a new appliance from her landlord while I received gifts from everyone around me. I loved living there, for the time being, met great people who inspired me to go to Telluride and even went on a super fun date. She helped me and I helped her. There was an energetic exchange so that both of us could experience our lives in the present moment with increased happyness and fun!
As a full-service house sitter, it is my pleasure to offer the following opportunities to clear, organize and uplift your home including:
- House Sitter – Keeping your valuable space full of positive energy as I am an adult who has owned homes and lived in Europe. I enjoy the placement of things and find that some tweaks can be made while I am here that you may not even notice. First and foremost is the flow of energy including furniture and lighting. And the refrigerator will also be left completely organized among other things.
- Dog Sitter – Giselle and I have traveled all over and together we love to visit and take care of your pets while you are out of town. Typically my schedule is super flexible and I spend large amounts of time in silence as I work as a writer. Plus, your pets won’t have to go to a kennel or have a visitor show up once or twice a day. Your little friends, aka your pets, get loved and will have a companion at night at home with them.
- My favorite things to do depending on what you need is offer suggestions on where to place furniture when you are ready. You can do it yourself or I can help. Plus, I love to hang pictures. I had a housemate once that needed a place to stay during her divorce. When she moved into her new home, she called me and in one day I hung over 50 pictures all over her entire new house. It was the best! I also found out that her ex-husband didn’t allow her to hang anything unless it was measured perfectly. Which is why I took so much joy in eyeballing every nail and when it was done she was ecstatic! She giggled every time I hammered in a nail. Keep in mind that I studied architecture and have an excellent perspective for placing things for maximum enjoyment in a home.
- When we are done socializing, I typically take one person or couples into a private session. For instance last night I was with a client I met last year who had also referred me to her family members who then worked with me via Skype while I was on my road trip for more than six months. So seeing them both together and in person was a great reunion. I took her into the guest room where we started with specific breathing exercises that supported the release of the ego before moving into a heart opening partner meditation that pointed out a need to focus on receiving more than giving. Then, adding in therapeutic oils for tension points, to balance energy at her feet and clear the noise so she could sleep, she laid down and closed her eyes. Through a guided visualization we went on a journey to energetically clear and release unwanted karmic or energetic relationship ties and ended with making statements for her highest good. Throughout the journey, I’d share personal messages I was receiving for her and it ended with her feeling completely relaxed, rejuvenated and ready to go to sleep. Within minutes I could hear her snoring!
Don’t be surprised if you invite me to your home and I show up with my own tea kettle, kimono, pillows, and IMAC! Because there are things that I bring that I love. So, no matter where I am I can feel at home.
Contact me at 713-232-9796 to find out if you and your space are ready for the Full Service treatment so that while you are here and away you can feel more joy and merriment knowing everything is taken care of and with special attention, love and care.