OMG I can breathe!

I recently moved into my own place in Montrose and not by accident, even though the story would make you think otherwise.  But since then I have finally started to breathe.

First, I thought I always wanted to live in the Heights and tried to find a place, but nothing was working out.  Plus, I can not handle living in a big apartment complex with a row of mailboxes, taking your laundry somewhere else to get washed, or carpet.  So, when nothing was working and I was totally frustrated, I went shopping.  Nothing like retail therapy but I said to myself, OK God, if I am supposed to move out then I will return these cool shoes and awesome backpack, but if I don’t get a place, then I am going on a road trip because that is exactly what I intended to do with my purchase.  Within exactly 24 hours, I was writing a check for the deposit on my apartment because the rent for the month had already been paid.  Yes, it was that quick.

A friend had heard my frustration and after a YSC event that night, said, Oh yeah, you should talk to my friend because she just had to break her lease on a cute place in Montrose and you might like it.  The next morning, while I was at a Healthcare Conference, I started to receive images of this place on my phone and was thrilled to see that it was a renovated home off of Roseland with wooden floors, loads of character and privacy.  That afternoon I was so excited to see it that I just started driving towards the house, when my friends’ friend calls me to see if I can meet her there so she could show me around.  Perfect, I said, I am about ten minutes away.  She says, So am I.  We met up and she showed me the place that looked immaculate and like no one had ever lived there.  She said, I was going through a divorce and the place was packed with boxes and now I am moving downtown to live with a friend rent free.  I couldn’t even find a hole in the wall, the refrigerator was still wrapped in plastic and the extra closet was huge.  Little by little the place had been updated before I got there, and now the new deck will be finished any day so I can host my first party.  Serious?  Yes.  Thank Goodness.

Then, an hour later the real estate agent was to meet me at the place so for that hour I went to Eatsies for a waffle but when I got out of the car and looked down, there was a bright and shiny key on the ground.  It was a sign.  I picked up the key and still have it.  Then, I met the agent at the apartment and she was just about to put it on the market until I wrote a check for the deposit, since the rent was already paid.  And within 48 hours, I had my own set of keys in my hand.  That was a Friday night as my mother and I celebrated at dinner once I checked my phone to see that all was approved and ready to go.

I started moving box by box everything I had myself.  I was so excited about moving that after the last night of dog sitting George, then, I decided that I was going to move the girls and myself to the new place.  Little did I know that in my excitement, I forgot to pack sheets, silverware and my duvet.  So, I slept in my winter pajamas with the feet in them on a blow up bed on the floor with my girls.  It was heaven.

Once everything was moved in with the help of friends and family, I woke up feeling exhausted and as if there were a hundred people in my bedroom.  I could see them in my dreams all walking around in a crowd.  The next day I woke up and was in a bad mood and didn’t even want to have breakfast.  That is exactly when I knew something wasn’t right.  Then, everything started to go wrong.  The battery exploded in my old mac laptop.  My phone went crazy, fell and broke the glass, which I never do – so ghetto.  The check engine light in my car went on.  The disposal died.  The ice maker quit working.  I backed into a parked card leaving my parking spot.  The recycling bin that I put out for pick up, never returned.  I could go on, but you get my drift.  But it wasn’t until my wireless keyboard just quit working and I changed the batteries, to find that it still didn’t work, so I changed them again that it finally popped in my mind that the space needed to be cleared and blessed.

I immediately went to Lucia’s Garden and bought sage and came back to go through a Feng Shui ritual clearing and blessing of the place with the doors and windows open putting my intention into the house for abundance.  Then, I lit incense from Kyoto for inspiration and put it all around the place as I cleaned and turned the air conditioning back on.  The next morning I woke up having dreamt that an angel was kneeling down to whisper action plans into my ear.  The house was built in 1938 and there was so much karmic gunk that as sensitive as I am, I could feel the weight, but now it’s cleared out.

Days later, I met Georgie Holbrooke and learned how to properly bless the space and I came home and went through the tradition with sage, sound and salt.  However, it was when I rang a Tibetan bowl just out of no where when I heard a loud THUMP!  I looked into the extra closet to find the new rack had fallen even though the two brackets that were added to hold up to 400 pounds each had been pulled out of the wall.  The agent came in to move the brackets to the studs and before she got here, I cleaned it out and properly cleared and blessed it, but not without getting goose bumps all over my body.  So, I cleared and blessed it again.  Plus, most of the stuff that came out of the closet is now more useful or in my car to be donated.  These things always happen for a reason.  Plus, the entire place feels much more balanced and at ease.

Now the fun begins.  Now I can continue moving forward with my plans of action!